Caracas -The Supreme Court of Justice (TSJ) and the Public Ministry of Venezuela are carrying out an investigation to determine those involved in the attempted coup d''état on April 30, when five people were killed.
National Constituent Assembly (ANC) Speaker Diosdado Cabello noted on Tuesday that the legislature authorized the continuation of the trials of six lawmakers from the plenipotentiary body in contempt, who 'flagrantly participated' in the coup last week.
In that regard, Cabello said that three other opposition parliamentarians were identified in the investigations, and their names will be disclosed in the next few hours.
As part of the judicial process, the attorney general of the Republic, Tarek William Saab, told reporters that so far, 233 people have been arrested for their alleged participation in the latest destabilizing actions by the right wing.
According to the official, after the coup attacks, the Public Ministry issued 18 arrest warrants against civilians and military officers, including the former chief of the Bolivarian National Guard Detachment at the Legislative Palace, Ilich Sanchez Farias, he noted.
In that regard, Saab explained that Sanchez lied to his troops by telling them that they would carry out a routine operation and transferring them to the Altamira Distributor, east of Caracas, where the opposition leaders Juan Guaido and Leopoldo Lopez were leading the actions.
Venezuelan authorities charged that the operation aimed to instill violence in society as part of the agenda of the right wing, which does not recognize the country's legitimate authorities.
The VI International Festival of Social Communication will begin its sessions today at the Conventions Center, an event that invites some 800 delegates to discuss key aspects of the sector until the 27th of this month.Read More
The presentation of the play ''Todo cambiará'' by theater director Miguel García Ordaz took place at the Casa de Cultura Raymundo Valenzuela, with students from the Mártires de Humbolt 7 educational center, located in the municipality of San Antonio de los Baños.Read More
Havana, Cuba - The XVII Ernest Hemingway International Colloquium, dedicated to the 93rd and 90th anniversaries of the 1954 Nobel Prize for Literature's The Sun Also Rises and Farewell to Arms, respectively, will open its doors today in the International Hall of the capital's Iberostar Riviera Hotel.
The opening words of the event will be given by Gladys Collazo Usallán, president of the National Council of Cultural Heritage, organization in charge of its coordination, together with the Ernest Hemingway Museum of Finca Vigía.Read More