On April 1, 1941, began operating in the municipality of Artemisa the first radio station which was very small with only one floor, which was identified with the initials CMAX. The transmitter equipment was installed at the "María Josefa" farm on the road leading to the town of Las Cañas. Its studies were located in the hardware store " El Almacén".
The novelty of being the first radio station in "La Villa Roja" aroused unusual interest in the population. For that reason from the beginning many professional and amateur artists in the area came to it.
Under the direction of the owner, Juan de Dios Carreño began the broadcasting of the first newscast with the name of "We with you " the news were writing by journalist Eloy S. Cruz.
Among the programs that excelled in this early period of radio in Artemisa we can mention" Barahunda Radial" which was transmitted every Sunday at four in the afternoon.
After some time and some changes the station had its first live program named “El Sinsonte de Las Cañas”, a program for Cuban folk music.
Among the older programs that still remain today are México, Tierra Adentro, A través de la Semana and the newscast Reportando.
According to surveys made to the population, the station has a wide audience which includes children, young people, adults and old persons.
From January 1st, 2011 it became a Provincial Radio Station after the political - administrative division where Artemisa was born as a province.
Social Mission of the Artemisa Radio Station
The Provincial radio station Artemisa Radio is a state entity that belongs to the Cuban Institute of Radio and Television (ICRT) for the development of community radio.
The VI International Festival of Social Communication will begin its sessions today at the Conventions Center, an event that invites some 800 delegates to discuss key aspects of the sector until the 27th of this month.Read More
The presentation of the play ''Todo cambiará'' by theater director Miguel García Ordaz took place at the Casa de Cultura Raymundo Valenzuela, with students from the Mártires de Humbolt 7 educational center, located in the municipality of San Antonio de los Baños.Read More
Havana, Cuba - The XVII Ernest Hemingway International Colloquium, dedicated to the 93rd and 90th anniversaries of the 1954 Nobel Prize for Literature's The Sun Also Rises and Farewell to Arms, respectively, will open its doors today in the International Hall of the capital's Iberostar Riviera Hotel.
The opening words of the event will be given by Gladys Collazo Usallán, president of the National Council of Cultural Heritage, organization in charge of its coordination, together with the Ernest Hemingway Museum of Finca Vigía.Read More